A beginner to intermediate level course for wine enthusiasts and for those entering or working within the wine and hospitality trades.
WHAT THE COURSE IS ABOUT
The course offers insight of the main grape varieties, the important wine regions in which they are grown and the different styles of wine produced. Tasting skills are developed throughout the course with the sampling of forty-eight different wines.
The course is for those with little or no prior wine knowledge.
The course is given over a series of 8 sessions presented by a certified WSET wine educator. Each session is 2 hours long. The exam takes place on the 9th session.
COURSE DATES CLASSROOM
- Nine consecutive Tuesday evenings
25th of January, 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd of February, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of March 2022
Exam: 29th of March 2022
- Intensive: 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday
29th of January, 5th and 13th of February 2022
Exam: 13th of February 2022
Address: Grev Turegatan 45, 114 38 Stockholm
Course tutor: Sarah Jefford, WSET Certified Educator and Diploma graduate.
Price: SEK 10’000 (Incl. VAT)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How wine is made
- The important wine-producing regions of the world
- The main black and white grape varieties and their characteristics
- The factors influencing wine style
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Wine labelling terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- Describing wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
WHAT THE SESSIONS ARE LIKE
- Small groups of maximum 14 students
- During the course there will be a tutored tasting of wines at each session
WHAT THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- A study pack with a WSET Systematic approach to tasting wine card, a level 2 wine study guide, a wine course book, examination fees, a certificate and pin (for successful candidates)
- WSET accredited tuition
- Wine samples
WHAT THE COURSE DOES NOT INCLUDE
A protective shoulder-bag containing a set of six high quality 35 cl Riedel Ouverture Red glasses can be purchased from Nordic Wine Tastings at the discounted price of SEK 799. These can be picked up from Nordic Wine Tastings.
- In addition to the 16 hours of tuition, students are expected to dedicate a minimum of 11 hours of self-study.
- The course ends with a 50 multiple-choice-question paper to be completed within one hour. Successful completion of the exam leads to the internationally recognised WSET Level 2 Award in Wines certificate.
The course is given in English. The course educator is Sarah Jefford.