This is a short and fun beginner level course for those who are pursuing an interest in wine or who wish to start a career related to wine.
What the course is about
The course is a broad introduction into the world of wine and you will learn how to apply your senses of sight, smell and taste, how to accurately describe wine and how to match it with food.
The course is open to all. No prior knowledge is required.
The qualification provides a basic knowledge of the following:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Principal wine grapes
- Pairing food and wine
- Storing wine
- Serving wine
- Describing wine
Your knowledge will be assessed at the end of the course by a 30 multiple-choice question paper to be completed within 45 minutes.
Next Course Dates
- Option 1: (closed for bookings)
- Option 2: Saturday 24th of March 2018 from 9h30 to 16h45
- Option 3: Friday 13th and 20th of April from 18h15 to 21h15
- Option 4 – Saturday 14th and 21st of April from 10h30 to 14h00
- Option 5 – Friday 18th and 25th of May from 18h00 to 21h30
- Option 6 – Sunday 27th of May 2018 from 9h30 to 16h45
- Option 7 – Saturday 25th of August 2018 from 9h30 to 16h45
- Option 8 – Saturday 8th and 15th of September 2018 from 10h30 to 14h00
- Option 9 – Saturday 6th of October 2018 from 9h30 to 16h45
- Option 10 – Saturday 17th and 24th of November 2018 from 10h30 to 14h00 (book by the 12th of November 2018)
Address: Grev Turegatan 45, 114 38 Stockholm
Course tutor: Sarah Jefford, WSET Certified Educator and Diploma graduate.
Price: SEK 3’250 (incl. VAT)
The price covers WSET course materials, examination fees, WSET accredited tuition and wine samples.
Students need to bring tasting glasses to each of the course sessions. A protective shoulder-bag containing a set of six high quality 35 cl Riedel Restaurant quality Ouverture Red glasses can be purchased from Nordic Wine Tastings at a discounted price of SEK 699.
Book the course
Please book by filling in the form below by the indicated deadline and by paying for the course (and glasses if you would like some). Payment should be made via Swish (1236760615) or bank transfer (Giro: 425-0262).
For any further information regarding the course, you can reach Nordic Wine Tastings by phone (+46 73 310 34 18) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).