An advanced level course for wine and spirit enthusiasts and for professionals working in the drinks and hospitality trades.
What the course is about
This internationally recognised qualification provides a deep and detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making carried out in the different regions of the world. Tasting skills are further developed and upon completion of the course you will be able to confidently explain different wine styles and quality.
This is a rigorous course requiring intense preparation and study.
The course is open to those that hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or to those that can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge.
- The qualification provides knowledge of the following:
- The key factors in wine production: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these factors influence the key characteristics of
– still wines of the world,
– sparkling wines of the world
– fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
Knowledge will be assessed through a 2 part exam. Unit 1 is a 50 multiple-choice-question test as well as a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is a blind tasting of two wines. Successful completion of the exam leads to the internationally recognised WSET Level 3 Award in Wines certificate.
COURSE DATES 2019-2020
- Option 1: Sixteen consecutive Tuesday evenings
10th of September 2019 to 4th of February 2020(no sessions on the 22nd and 29th of October, nor on the 17th, 24th, 31st of December 2019 and 7th of January 2020)
Exam: 7th of February, 18h00-21h00
- Option 2: Sixteen consecutive Tuesday evenings
11th of February to 9th of June 2019(no sessions on the 25th of February and 7th of April)
Exam: 9th of June, 18h00-21h00
Address: Grev Turegatan 45, 114 38 Stockholm
Course tutor: Sarah Jefford, WSET Certified Educator and Diploma graduate.
Price: SEK 11’250 (incl. VAT)
The price covers WSET course materials, examination fees, WSET accredited tuition and wine samples. The study material will be sent to you in advance, when you sign up.
Students need to bring tasting glasses to each of the course sessions. A protective shoulder-bag containing a set of six high quality 35 cl Riedel Ouverture Red glasses can be purchased from Nordic Wine Tastings at the discounted price of SEK 699.
Book the course
Please book by filling in the form below and by paying for the course (and glasses if you are taking some). Payment should be made via Swish (1236760615) or bank transfer (Giro: 425-0262).
Kindly read the terms and conditions before submitting your booking form.
Please contact Nordic Wine Tastings by phone (+46 73 310 34 18) or by email (email@example.com) for any further questions regarding the course.